During the last decade, I got the chance to try many driver repairing tools, some of them were free, some were not. I never liked any of them though, some couldn’t correctly detect the hardware that is unrecognized by windows, some provided dead driver download links, and some were loaded with spywares are scarewares.
When I was working on a friends Acer laptop, trying to find almost all of it’s drivers that Windows curiously was unable to recognize any of them. Even the manufacturer was not quite sure what the hell they put in this model.
That is when I tried a software called Device doctor, I kinda liked it for the following reasons.
2. Was able to detect all the needed drivers.
3. Was able to provide driver updates for the installed drivers.
4. All drivers were hosted at the device doctor website.
5. No registration required !
6. There is even a portable version of the software, to be used without installing from a flash drive, if you were geeky enough for that.
I still haven’t got the chance to really check it’s capabilities, but so far, it’s looking good.
You can download Device Doctor here
Also you can get the Portable Device Doctor here