A new driver is released for almost all recent Radeon display adapters. The following improvements are announced with this new driver
- Company of Heroes – performance improves up to 25% with HD 4600 series products and below as well as improvements of up to 10% on HD 4800 series
- Crysis – performance improves up to 13% in multi-GPU configurations
- Crysis Warhead – performance improves up to 11% in multi-GPU configurations
- World in Conflict – performance improvements of up to 30% can be seen in settings
that were previously CPU limited
Also, some crashes and problems with the CCC has been fixed.
This is all great, but now in a time where AMD (ATI) cards are considered better than their equivalents in nVidia, I think it is time for AMD to stand up for the challenge and fix embarrassing bugs such as:
- 3D graphics corruption in many games with Adaptive anti-aliasing enabled.
- Games crash on minimize and resolution changes.
- funny looking effects.
- Buggy deinterlacing that actually make movies interlaced (scan-line effect)
- V-sinc does not know when to turn on or off
AMD (ATI) must work more with the developers and do more “Best played on Radeon” games. Also it is time to flood the market with DirectX 10.1 games, since no nVidia cards already supports it. and I’m not talking about crappy games such as Stormrise.
Radeon card are strong but I feel that this miss a Strong software support.
what do you think