I recently installed Kaspersky pure, It sure is a Kaspersky, meaning great protection against Virus, especially exotic ones that can make other anti-virus application run in circles.
1. Parental control, XD , come on you can do better, a 9 months baby can find his way around this security, just use a browser other than IE or FireFox and you are off the hook.
2. Back-up : this will just collect multiple versions of all the crap in your HD and and squeeze it into backups, eating up you HD space. If you need a backup solution this can still work, but if you’re just a home user with almost nothing to lose 😉 you don’t need this.
3. Where are all my settings? Kaspersky is slowly turning into a Norton, I can’t find the settings that made kaspersky so special over the years, no sliders to increase / decrease scanning strength, no scanning by file type, just plain prison meals, either enable your G D protection or disable it and go to hell. Actually the settings are there, you just have to dig deeper to reach them SRY
4. Password Manager. Kaspersky used to sell this as a stand alone application, without much success I guess. The Idea is that this application can import password from several application (No Opera guys) and encrypt them and receive new passwords entered into IE or firefox, or other application. You can confirm you identity to used stored passwords by typing a master password, by a bluetooth device, or other biometric devices. to me, this is just another icon in my status bar, and another window asking me to enter a password on every boot, plus if get get so friendly with this application then you wont be able to move past Kaspersky products for the rest of your life, or you will have to buy the standalone version of the password manager, but I’m not sure about the export capabilities of this passwords manager.
5. System tuneup XD Hurray!! you need someone to clear your browsers cash? what about cleaning the temp folders? this is the app for you. to be honest, this can come in handy if you have your browsers settings messed up by some Virus, other than this this is useless.
6. Tight network security: so tight, it will kill all your network and printer shares, you will have to run around the settings for hours to get everything up and running. This is probably why I only use Kaspersky Antivirus and not internet security.
Finally I miss the days when kasper used to scream like a pig giving birth when it catches a virus, the Pure vision of the product is just not suitable for the repel antivirus Kaspersky used to be.